Wat2do

Brace Urself!!! High-end nonsense inside... :=)))

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lovelogue – 10th Standard

Continuation...

I lost my ‘Just Best Friend’ after that…

The school had a policy, we have separate sections A an

d B in each class and the students with a certain grade go to the 10th grade from both the sections.

So, it was time to make some new friends.

The board exams were at the end of the year and it decided our high school groups. So people had to put extra slogging to keep up with the syllabus.

Most of the days passed with the boring lectures and the free advice on our future.

I managed to get good grades and good grades come with lots of competition and u need to keep up ur consistency.

First term exam results were out and since both the sections were merged, people wanted to see their spot in the toppers list.

I was in the top 5 and only the top 3 would be felicitate

d at the end of the year.

I was never fascinated with the ranks, but wanted to repay my parents hardwork by making them proud at the year end celebrations when they call my name and felicitate.

The results were out and that was the first time that girl spoke to me.

She asked me for my term grades. I told her my grades. She frowned a little and said she fell short of 10 marks to catch up with me.

Though I was proud of myself for that moment, cajoled her saying there are many terms to end this year.

She was game for it and I could see the competition starting.

I never had a goal when it comes to grades and studies. I just give my best and move on with the results.

Now I have a reason to get some good grades I thought. She is not that bad looking and being the fact that she is not a localite and family root started from the northern part of India made her have a better complexion than others.

The second term was over and the results were due the next day.

I was with my friends joking around. She came over and wished me luck and went.

The second term results were out. The teachers started calling out grades for each of the 10 subjects we had in that year.

Usually I don’t really care about the other’s grades. I just pay attention when my grades were announced.

The grades were announced in the alphabetical order of our names.

My roll number comes before her. I noted my grades down and it was not bad.

The teacher called her name. My ears started listening and I started noting down her grades below mine in each subject. She was inching 5 marks more or less in each and finally in total she lead me by 5 marks in total.

A sudden feeling of defeat had mound in me and I felt pretty bad about my scores that moment. She turned back and smiled. Then I realized she was exactly doing what I was doing. I didn’t reply her smile back. Come on I lost and I wont be happy about that.

Many of my friends flunked. I always topped my gang. My gang is not so studious, it’s a mix of all and mostly fun loving and we keep ourselves away from the bookworms. Even my friends at times wonder how I manage good grades even though we all are together most of the time and don’t spend much time in studying.

After the school, she came to me told me, ‘You have two more terms left.’

At that moment, I wanted to challenge her and win her next time pretty badly. I hid my emotions and smiled back saying, ‘will see’.

Next term went good and this time I lead her by 50 marks and was proud of my victory. I even made it to the top 3.

She was still smiling and was happy about it. I was just wondering if it’s the same smile I had cast last time. But couldn’t doubt it as it was so genuine.

And the monsoon broke in my heart.

Next day I woke up early and came half an hour early to school. I was chatting with my buddies but constantly looking at the entrance. First bell rang and she was not there, the second bell rang and still she didn’t make it. She didn’t turn up to school that day.

It continued for 2 more days and the next day she was entering through the school gates, I could spot her easily amidst the last minute student rush as the gates would be closed in few seconds. I wanted to ask her whether she was upset on losing to me but kept quiet. She gave her medical certificate to the teacher and sat in her desk. She turned back and smiled. Her face looked pale. I inquired if she is ok through my gestures and she shook her head. I was relieved by that.

We had a free hour and our class was a bit noisy. The principal disciplined us by forming groups and sending each group to a different room with some tasks to complete.

And the lady luck was with me and we both were in the same group. We had to read a poem and give a test on that after that. Our group decided to read on their own and meet after 30 mins and see where we stand. I sat across her and we chose to go to the play ground as it would be calm and nice.

It was a bit breezy that day. I read two lines of the poem and looked up. She was sitting across me. A few strands couldn’t win the light breeze and were set loose. It was such a pleasant sight to watch. I couldn’t stop staring at her. After some time, she started curling her hair and started playing with it while memorizing the poem.

From that moment on, I was completely into her. I started to be with her more from that day on and even we did our studies together. I enjoyed each and every moment with her.

We know there is something happening between us, but we never were candid on that fact.

Our rest of the term went well, I was consistent in top 5 and she on the next spot.

We gave our final exams and were at the same spot in the end.

The results were out and I was pretty sure we would get to choose what we want to do in high school because of our good grades.

She came to me and she didn’t look so happy. She asked me what I am going to do. I like computers a lot and told her that. She encouraged it and even she wanted to do that. But her parents were forcing her to do medicine.

I felt a bit bad for her. But the next info really put me down. It was like a hole punched in my heart. She said, ‘My parents have decided to put me in a different school.’

The whole world froze for a second. I wanted to ask her a lot of questions, but kept quiet. She wanted me to write something on her slam book. There were many things going on in my mind. Should I tell her I love her, Should I tell her how much I will miss her.

I had her book in my hand but didn’t know how to proceed. I saw her face once again; there was thousand meanings to our expressions.

Finally I asked her, ‘Will u be in touch with me even after going to ur new school?’

She just said, ‘I will miss u a lot.’ Her eyes were a bit moist, she ran away out of my sight.

Later I came to know that, actually her father was transferred to a different city and she is leaving town that night.




10th Standard

The breeze has done the trick,
The monsoon is broken in my heart,
Her smiles, her images filled all the space
All the other things except her was blurred
When she was around,
The time for the next has come.
The lady love was not happy with it.
I will miss her.
I want to tell her, I want her to know that
I don't want to be just friends,
I love her but I'm just too shy,
and I don't know why.

To be continued…………………..

No comments: