Wat2do

Brace Urself!!! High-end nonsense inside... :=)))

Monday, January 25, 2010

Lovelogue – Engineering 2nd Year


Continuation...

My college reopened and the first news I get is that she got transferred to some other college.

The college roads look deserted. Whenever I pass the chemistry lab, I could feel the scent of her. My mind plays a small recap. The first day I met her in the auditorium filling the admission forms. our first experiment together. our lab sessions together. our kiss in the store room. I could feel it till now. Then the truth caves in.

Our second year was going good. After all those ragging sessions we had, we can now rag the fresher. It was not official though, but we rag our juniors before getting them into our department. I was the General Secretary of my department. The tradition is to arrange an ice breaking session with our juniors’ offsite. All the arrangements were done. We seniors reached a bit early than the juniors. Juniors came in and everybody started calling them and ragging in groups. One girl caught my eyes though; she was all scared and kept her head down most of the time. I was interrupted by some of my friends and continued with the rest of the party.

After a while, I checked her again and I saw her crying standing in a corner. I went to appease her. She started sobbing more when I got there and caught everyone’s attention. Everyone thought I made her cry and started accusing me. She was so busy in crying to even bail me out. I became the bad guy of the evening.

Weeks passed, it was first cycle test last day. Cycle tests contribute to 20% of our final score. It’s such a relief after the exams. We guys went to the coffee shop, where we spend more time than our class rooms to chill out. The coffee shop is right in front of the girls’ hostel entrance and may be that’s why the business was always on all time high there. I saw her coming out of the hostel, she saw me and smiled. But the devil in me made me to take a stand with a grumpy face. She frowned and passed. The next day after class, as usual we were chilling out in the coffee shop. I saw her coming out and she smiled and me with a poker face. This continued for some days. She didn’t give up smiling and I didn’t give up my poker face.



On a weekend, I overslept and I found all my friends already left for a movie. I had no other place to go other than the coffee shop. I saw her coming out of the hostel again. How does she come out exactly when I hit the coffee shop? It was 12 noon and the coffee shop was pretty much deserted. She started walking towards the coffee shop. I don’t know why but my heart skipped some beats. She didn’t smile this time, she just passed me and went to order a coffee. She got her coffee and sat across me facing me on the other table. This time I smiled and she was having a poker face. I didn’t know if I should go and talk to her or hold my stance. She kept starting at me, her eyes talking a thousand but couldn’t understand what she was thinking though. Enough is enough; I stood and walked towards her. Her friends flocked her and I had to forcibly leave the place. I could see her eyes following me when I passed.

I was waiting for the next weekend and the days started to stretch. I faked as if I am sleeping to make sure my friends leave to make my move. I had to pretend sleeping for a long time than usual till everyone is out. I rushed to the coffee shop and found her with her friend in the shop. I got my coffee and a magazine and sat across her meeting her eyes. I could see her eyes lit up. AR Rehman’s melodious track was just setting the perfect ambience. She told her friend something, she turned and giggled and left. I was pretending reading the magazine. I saw her walking towards me.

She said, ‘Would you buy me a coffee?’

In the rush I forgot to get my wallet. I had to convince the owner to get a coffee.

I came with the coffee in my hand and saw her drinking coffee from my cup. She smiled and said,

‘This tastes better.’

I replied back with a stupid smile and started sipping the hot coffee without even realizing that it was burning my lips and tongue.

‘How are you?’ I asked.

‘Good.’ She continued. ‘Why are u avoiding me?’

‘No. I was not avoiding u. I never noticed u in the first place.’ I answered.

‘U are scared of me?’ she said. That was enough to instigate me.

‘Look. U made a scene that day in the freshers’ party. I came to help u and u made me look like a monster in front of the whole department.’ I poured out. I opened my mouth to continue but in a flash I felt something soft on my lips. My burnt lips with the hot coffee started to heal magically. It was a quick one though. I saw the coffee shop owner shocked. She ran out of the shop giggling. I sat there till the realization sink in. I left the coffee shop and I felt like flying back to my room light like a feather.

The time was flying away. Days passed like seconds and in no time our year end exams were around the corner. 20 days of day and night slogging and we are through.

We are both from the same city. So, decided to take a train for the year end vacation. Since we didn’t plan it well enough, we ended up traveling in a general compartment. The train was so crowded. A bunch of my college mates had booked some seats for them. We all adjusted in those seats. Everyone kept on talking about something or the other. The time started flying and nobody was sleeping. This is not what I had planned. She was sitting next to me and she slept on my shoulder. The sleep bug spread and soon the whole compartment was snoring. As soon as the lights were off, she grabbed my arm tightly and moved. I could see her pretty face bright and clear in the dark. She winked at me and smiled. She moved forward and her eyes closed. I know what to do next. I reached and kissed her on her lips. The 8 hours journey was over in 8 minutes.

Engineering 2nd Year

The coffee shop

Her kiss is sugar

The caffeine is love.

Yeah. It’s the love express.

I want to tell her, I want her to know that
I don't want to be just friends,
I love her but I'm just too shy,
and I don't know why.

To be continued…………………..

4 comments:

pallavi said...

how come u meet gals who r transferred the very next yr....
now it's becoming predictable...hv some new turns n twists..!!! :P

Srikanth said...

ya... was tryin gal a year thing... :=D need 2 change the strategy now... :=D

Unknown said...

Dai Sri, there is no competition for u in any of ur stories... Highly unacceptable. :-)
It's time for u to keep up our expectation. Still there are 2 more years to go
Let's see how u put your novel together satisfying readers comments :-P

Srikanth said...

@selva... its not jus 2 years... it goes onnnnnnnnnnnn..... :=D