Wat2do

Brace Urself!!! High-end nonsense inside... :=)))

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Lovelogue – High School 1st Year

Continuation...

Days passed by… Friends and time will heal anything and everything… m back on track…

I always had a passion for computers. I was always fascinated by its power and things it can do… :=)))

I was in my teens by then.

I went to a tutor for Mathematics as there’s more weightage for it in the entrance exams next year. My family felt that I need to have a better foundation in that.

First day, I met the tutor and he explained the whole process of his coaching. Too much on the first day.

I followed everything and he asked me for my marks in 10th in front of all the other students.

I was embarrassed and don’t know if my marks were good enough to be revealed.

Our conversation was broken as a guy in his forties entered and called him aside for a minute. After 10 minutes a girl was ushered into the room by the middle aged man and the tutor.

She saw me standing and smiled at me. I was a dumb dork not to reply back. She shrugged and took the chair next to me.

The tutor entered and repeated the question once again.

I hesitantly replied him. 189/200. I hated myself for doing the graph wrong which had taken away 10 marks straight away from my score. I never felt bad before about this. But the timing now is wrong.

The teacher said, ‘Not bad. You could have scored 200/200 if concentrated better.’

She giggled. I told ‘I will do my best this year sir.’

He didn’t ask that question to any others, then why me???

He started taking lectures and it was so boring. I couldn’t concentrate on the lecture much.

She was busily doing something; she was not even raising her head towards the black board.


I was curious and peeped into her notebook.

She was drawing a face and busy in finishing the round spectacles for it.

Once she was done, she turned to me and said, ‘Don’t u look cute?’

I was puzzled. I replied, ‘What?’

She continued, ‘Your picture. I even got ur specs right.’

For one moment, I was transported to the dining room in my thoughts. My mom was trying to feed me carrot and I always used to leave carrots and eat the rest. I was back to the reality.

If I would have eaten it that time, she wouldn’t have drawn those specs.

She then started drawing something again and this time same round face but with smaller rectangular frameless specs unlike my brown rimmed big ones.

She then turned to me, ‘U should wear something like this, and it will suit u better.’

I told, ‘Concentrate on the lecture. If he finds us talking, we will end up solving more problems as assignments.’

She gave me a lifeless look and started doing something on here notebook and this time she was covering it from me.

Finally the class was over and we left.

I reached home, but I don’t know why I was not able to stop thinking about her.

Is it love at first sight??? Cut the crap…

Next day, she was wearing a yellow salwar and her white complexion matched it perfectly.

She saw me checking her out and said, ‘Are u done with the problems?’

I nodded. ‘Then give it to me fast. I need to copy it before he comes asking for it.’

I gave her the completed sheets. She copied them real fast and just in time.

After the class, I was getting my bicycle from the parking.

She stopped me and said, ‘Thanks. Can u walk with me? My dad is not coming to pick me today and its pretty boring to walk alone.’

I told, ‘Sure. Lets walk.’ and I started walking with her and my bicycle. All my tution mates started gossiping.


She started the conversation, ‘U must be the topper of ur class.’

I told her, ‘I wish to but m not. I never topped my class.’

She said, ‘How is that possible, u got 189 in Mathematics.’

‘I stood fifth in my class. The topper scored 194.’ I told.

‘oooh… must be a genius. U know I got only 89. Just managed to pass the exams.’ She told.

Now I understand why she giggled when I told my score. We spoke about our schools and friends for some more time and reached her house. After dropping her, I went home dragging my cycle with me and rewinding and playing our conversation again and again in my mind.

For the next few months, our routine continued, she copied my notes every other day and we walked back every other day.

First term results were out. I managed to get 95% in the first term.

She came into the room with a long face. I inquired. She said, ‘I flunked in Mathematics. How much did u get?’

I said,’95%. I would have surely given some of my marks to u if I could.’


She smiled and said, ‘I know. Can we do this mathematics together after tution at my home? Please…’

I didn’t know what to answer and said ‘Yes. We can help each other out.’

Her face brightened up and said, ‘It’s you who is gonna help me. Thanks.’

She told her parents and they agreed as it’s for her own good.

We did the second term together and the results were good. I dropped a bit, 90%, she managed 55%.

She skipped tuition; I went to meet her at her home. The house was locked.

Next day she came with a wide grin and said, ‘I got lots of new clothes. Dad took me for shopping.’

That moment, I decided I am going to ask my dad to buy me a video game. If 55% earns new clothes, 90% should be rewarded with something more.

She said, ’I have a gift for u too. Come home, I will give it to u.’

At her house, her parents greeted me and gave me some sweets. I didn’t know how to react.

I went to her room and she dragged me behind the door and kissed me. I was petrified. I don’t know how long we kissed, but for me it was a like hours.

She said, ‘This is ur gift. Did u like it?’

‘Next term, if u get 70%, will I get more?’ I asked. She blushed and disappeared.

Third term, she got 65% and I dropped to 85%. But that doesn’t matter. I was proud that she scored more this term.

I met her in the tuition the next day, ‘Do I get more gifts this time?’

‘Come and see it urself.’ She said.

Her parents were not there when we reached. She got the key out and opened the house for us.

My heart started pounding faster. My whole body was getting warm with the sudden high circulation of blood.

She got some sweets and asked me to open my mouth and close my eyes. I followed her instantly. After some time I could taste the sweet and could feel her soft lips on mine. My head started spinning and I was flying.

Suddenly, I could realize her move away swiftly and she stood in front of me her eyes wide open. I turned back and saw her parents staring at us. They didn’t talk. I left the house.

She discontinued from the tuition and I never dared to go to her house again. Even I discontinued the next day.

The final term got over and managed 88% in the end. Somehow I never allowed my emotions control me when it comes to grades.

I managed to get rectangular frameless specs as a gift from my parents and finally decided to go to her home and meet her.

Her dad was sitting in the living room reading the newspaper. I went and apologized for what had happened. He kept his cool and told me that she managed to get through this year and will be doing the next year from her granny’s place. I wanted to meet her one last time, but she was already shipped far away from me.

High School 1st Year

The sun had risen,
The best gift in my life,
I was petrified, I was flying
Life came to a standstill
The lips departed,
The taste remains forever.
I want to tell her, I want her to know that
I don't want to be just friends,
I love her but I'm just too shy,
and I don't know why.

To be continued…………………..

2 comments:

pallavi said...

chetan bhagat - 2 in making :P

Srikanth said...

ya... somethin better than the borin job... :=D